Guest Writers

A place for the brilliant writings of my non-blogging friends

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Got Milk? Hell no!!! By Darlene Totels

Like every morning I awakened at 5:30 a.m. and followed into the normal routine of brewing a pot of coffee. Waking to the aroma and anxiously awaiting that first cup as my Harley mug sits patiently on the counter waiting to be filled ... my peaceful mode soon turns POSTAL!!!!! I open the refrigerator to find only a smidgen of milk and my body begins this uncontrollable convulsive mode as I pour this OH SO GREATFUL of a smidgen into my cup. Savoring every sip that I possibly can (knowing I will be unable to have that 2nd cup) ... my coffee is getting colder by the minute with these turtle sips that I'm taking trying to make the cup last longer. By this point I'm worse than a heroin addict going through withdrawals knowing that 2nd cup isn't going to happen.

Now I live two houses down from a Cafe but do you think at 5:30 a.m. it is a consideration to walk down two houses with my hair looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket and wearing my t-shirt, spandex shorts and pink fuzzy slippers to walk in and get a GLASS OF MILK!!!! HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I would rather dwell on the fact that the "MOST WONDERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD" that I live with had been home since 1:00 p.m. the previous day and didn't stop to get milk on his way home from work ... nor did he stop and get milk on his way back from getting pizza last night.

Do I consider the fact that he cleaned the kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded with the dirty dishes or that he picked up around the house. NOOOOOO ... I'd rather dwell on the fact that I CAN'T HAVE MY 2nd CUP OF COFFEE.

As he finally strolls out of bed at 7:00 a.m. I glare at him as he fixes his cup of coffee with his vanilla creamer foo foo stuff or whatever that stuff is that he uses in his coffee. My body is in shock at this point from not having the 2nd cup of coffe so I'm beyond the convulsive stage. My mind however is still a wee bit postal and am debating on whether I want to say something about having NO MILK! I'm doing this mental debate in my mind ... NO MILK SAY SOMETHING ... WONDERFUL MAN CLEANED THE KITCHEN ... KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Well believe it or not ... I kinda kept my mouth shut especially after he massaged my feet and put lotion on them so my postal brain turned to MUSH after that. As I kissed him goodbye I did mumble ... "by the way ... we're OUT OF MILK."

No comments: